Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Liebster Award Nominations

Liebster Blog Award

Hello, everyone.   I was honoured to be nominated for a Liebster Blog Award by KT Fit Kitty at KT Designs.  Have you ever seen her work? She is just amazing and super friendly! Thank you, Kitty!

LiebsterBlogAward

Here are the rules of the nomination:
  1. Be sure to thank the blog that nominated you and be sure to link back to their blog.
  2. Answer the 11 questions that the blogger asked you.
  3. Nominate 11 of your favourite blogs with under 500 followers and ask your own 11 questions.
  4. Make sure to let each blogger know about your Liebster Blog nomination on their blog (leave a comment and link back to your Liebster Blog post).
Here are my answers to Kitty's questions:
1.  What prompted you to create a blog?
 I had just started out making cards when I met a pen pal who told me all about the blogging world of cards.  She mentioned how much fun it would be and that I would learn so much from other bloggers out there.  Guess what? She was right!
2.  What do you do with all the cards you make?
 I tend to give all my cards away to family and friends.  I did just donate a basket filled with 21 of my creations for a charity benefit for a sweet little girl who needs a transplant.
3.  What blog reader do you use?  (I'm asking this because I've had trouble with my Blogger Dashboard list loading lately.)
 ummm, I think I use blogger dashboard!
4.  Do you prefer traditional stamping with ink, or digital stamps, and why?
 I originally started out with traditional stamps since I had no idea that digital existed but have since become obsessed with the digitals.  They take up so much less space and you can resize them to whatever size you want.  How awesome is that?
5.  Do you work outside the home and, if so, what is/was your line of work? 
 I work full time as a veterinary technician! Which does make it hard to find crafting time since animals are always in need of some help during my off hours!

6.  What is your favourite craft item to purchase?
 Ok, you want me to pick just one? How is that even possible? I guess I would have to say the designer paper.  I have two or three totes filled with them.  My boyfriend doesn't understand why I always need to buy a new stack when I go shopping! Men!!!
7.  Do you enjoy walking or any other physical activity?
  I used to be really into workout programs such as Les Mills Combat, Turbo Fire and Chalean Extreme.  They helped me loose almost 100 pounds. Although I seem to have put some of that back on again.  I really need to get back to the healthier me. 
8.  Do you have your own craft room?
 Not exactly.  All my supplies are stored in the basement on shelves so I can do all my crafting down there and be out of the way.  My dream home with have the best craft room ever.
9.  Do you collect anything?
The only thing I really collect is craft supplies or cute owl related items.

10.  What is your favourite fruit or vegetable?
I love strawberries!
11.  Do your family members/friends follow your blog?
Haha, this one made me laugh.  None of my in person friends or family follow my blog but I know many of my pen pals do! And I appreciate them for that! 
Here are 11 of my favourite blogs that I have chosen to nominate for the Liebster Award:
Sammibug  - Sammibug's Scrapshack

And here are my questions (stealing some of Kitty's as I really like them) for the 11 chosen blogs:
1. What prompted you to start up your own blog?
2. Where is your favorite place to buy craft supplies?
3. Do you sell your handmade craft items? If so, where?
4. What is your favorite type of glitter to use?
5. What is your favorite coloring method? i.e. copics, distress inks, etc
6. What is the typical size of the cards you make?
7.  Do you have a favorite craft magazine?
8.  What is your favorite crafty storage item?
9.  What is your favorite color combination?
10. What is your favorite holiday?
11. Have you ever thought about or exchanged holiday cards with other bloggers?




Here is a link to some info on the award if you are new to blogging and aren't sure what it is all about! Have a great day!

Erin

8 comments:

  1. Hi hun many thanks for the nomination - appreciated - will take a closer look this evening - have a great day hun x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome, Erin! So glad you decided to do it - I loved reading your answers and learning more about you. Did you know I lost 100 lb too - 110 to be exact!! Lost it back in the mid '90s and have kept "most" of it off for many years but have gained 25 lb in the last 2 years. So I need to get the Fit back in Fit Kitty LOL. You did some kick-butt workouts, my friend! My go-to workouts were the old-school Firm - still love these and need to dust them off again.

    I really love the questions you asked your nominees and I'll have to check out their blogs to see the answers. And thanks for posting the info about the award - so interesting to read the origins. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for nominating me will sort it now

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Erin,
    Will have a closer look at the nomination, thank you for nominating me,
    Hugs
    Suzy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Erin, thanks for the nomination, it's very flattering. However, I just don't have the time at the moment to play along with the playing forward. I loved reading your 11 answers though, and congratulations on receiving the blog award. Very well deserved. I have the same situation, none of my family sees the blog (they like getting the cards though!). A few local friends pop in occasionally, but my best buds are all the marvelous cardmakers & crafters I've met with blogging. That's the best part of the whole endeavor. Good luck and again, Big Congratulations. I don't know how you have to to make cards, blog & enter all these challenges & be on DT's as you are managing - and work too! My hat's off to you! Thanks again for the award though. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Erin, Thanks for the nomination! I will work on it tomorrow if time allows. I am very honored you thought of me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Erin, Wow thank you soo much for thinking of me. I have never heard of this nomination so will go look further.

    Hugs Erin x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for the nomination Erin! I will work on my answers to your questions and let you know when I create a post. I appreciate your nomination!!!

    ReplyDelete