Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Gemma Gumdrops

Everyone has off days and I'm thinking today was one for me.  Nothing worked out the way I wanted with this card except I'm very happy with her hair! This is a Lacy Sunshine image called Gemma Gum Drops. She is so adorable. I absolutely love the Lacy Sunshine images and plan on making a lot of future purchases. I colored the image with promarkers and have decided that I need to purchase a set of ultra nibs so I can color in smaller parts of the images and not worry about bleeding.  I want to expand my color range and get some more markers as well! The papers, ribbon and flowers were all from my stash. I followed the sketch from Feeling Sketchy for the card layout.

Today may have been a bad day but I won't get discouraged with my card making.  I have only been doing this for a month or so. I know it will take me time to develop my skills and become an amazing card marker. No being down on myself or giving up. Great pep talk!



I would like to enter this card in the following challenges:

Feeling Sketchy Challenge #63
Lacy Sunshine Challenge # 11 Anything Goes
Party Time Tuesdays Anything Goes
Tuesday Throwdown Glitz and Glimmer
Send A Smile 4 Kids For the Girls
Through the Craftroom Door Anything goes
Inky Chicks Anything Goes
Pin and Tack Challenge 10
The Scrapbooking Queen Royal Digi Challenge 23
Eureka Stamps Summer fun
Pattie's Creations Design Challenge 70 Summertime fun



15 comments:

  1. Lovely colors and your image is really nice.
    Thank you for joining us at Feeling Sketchy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You coloured her beautifully :) Don't worry I'm also a work in progress still...we'll get there!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's gorgeous Erin. You've coloured the image beautifully and chosen gorgeous colours to work with.

    You're off to a cracking start with your cardmaking and believe me, the more dies and things you get hold of (and you will as it's so addictive) the easier things become. Come join us in our facebook group (link is on the challenge blog) and there'll be loads of people to answer any questions you may have. Crafters love sharing and helping other crafters, especially new ones!

    Thank you for joining us over at the Lacy Sunshine Challenge. Good luck.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Lexie for your kind words! Very much appreciated!

      Delete
  4. Love your mono colours, with this adorable image atop. You have coloured your Gemma so beautifully!
    Thank you for playing at Feeling Sketchy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card Erin. Thank you for joining us at Feeling Sketchy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks wonderful Erin.Thanks for joining us at Feeling Sketchy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Erin this is so sweet well done .
    Thank you for joining us at Through The Craftroom Door Challenge this time and GOOD LUCK.
    Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so cute! Beautiful colors and love the red sparkly strip.
    Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown.

    Kim TT DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a lovely card and cute image..Thanks for sharing it with us at PTT...

    ReplyDelete
  10. So sweet!!! Thanks so much for participating in our LACY SUNSHINE challenge!! Hope to see you again for our next challenge!!
    ~DEANNE~
    A Little Bit O' Paper

    ReplyDelete