Thursday, January 30, 2014

Paper Crafting Journey - Embossing

Hey all.  Time for a new challenge at Paper Crafting Journey.  Our theme this week is Embossing.  Sassy Studio Designs is our generous sponsor for this challenge. 

My DT card:



 I got to work with this awesome image.  I colored her with promarkers.  All the papers are from a new mat stack I got.  I embossed the red panel with a heart embossing folder.  I tried to emboss the sentiment. Looks like I need a bit of work with that but I won't give up.  A flower from my stash was used.  Card layout was inspired by the sketch at Chocolate. coffee and cards.

 We would love to have you link up your projects featuring embossing today!

Hugs,

Erin

Entering in the following challenges :
chocolate coffee and cards - sketch

crafting for all seasons - for the girls
craft mojo - new
passion for promarkers atg
party time tuesdays - atg
eureka stamps -
the pink elephant - love

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful image - beautiful colouring! Love your red and black colour scheme too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So stunning Erin.Fabulous image and i love your design and striking colours.
    Thanks for joining in my theme this week at PFP :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous, Erin. That is a fabulously sassy image!
    Thank you for joining us at the Chocolate, Coffee and Cards Challenge. Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card Erin, love the image and your color choice. Thanks for joining us at CFAS this time around. Hope to see you again.
    Cindy DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super elegant and thanks for entering your gorgeous card at Crafting for all Season...love it...aNNie [DT]

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautiful design, Erin! I love that gorgeous red you used.
    Thanks for playing at Chocolate, Coffee and Cards Challenge!
    Hugs, Mikha

    ReplyDelete
  7. Erin, this is really pretty. You have some marvelous shading on that lovely red gown, and personally, I find red a more difficult color to master. I always do my reds first (if I think ahead!) so that if I get a boo-boo, I haven't wasted a lot of effort. You did a great job on the coloring of this image. Liked all the lovely dp as well...great layout. On the lightbox: I had found one on Amazon, that was reasonable. Asked a couple other more experienced bloggers, and they said they didn't think the box made that much difference to the photography. (alas, my skills are limited! Was hoping that a box would help some). Cornelia did the post about how she made one, that she thought it helped. I had the items to try it, so I did. I think it did help a bit - most of this is my poor abilities because I do have a good camera. I need to do some more refinements though. What I am really liking is that I can take pics at night if I want, not have to wait until in the morning. Helps if you're on a deadline to go live with a post! TFS & Hugs --hope this storm system is not being dreadful where you live.

    ReplyDelete